A Black Pack
A double-LP vinyl bootleg combining live recordings and radio sessions.
- Label: Observation Records / KTFB Records
- Catalogue#: 35190 BP / PS
- Format: 2 x 12" LP
- Released: 1986
- Tracks A1 - B6: recorded during the Black October Tour 1984 at Essex University/Colchester
- Tracks C1 - C4: John Peel Session 1982
- Tracks C5 - C6: Kid Jensen Session 1983
- Tracks D1 - D3: John Peel Session 1984
- Tracks D4 - D5: recorded live on August 28, 1983 at the Paradiso in Amsterdam/NL
Personnel according to the cover back
- Andrew Eldritch - Voice
- Wayne Hussey - Guitar
This is, however, only true for tracks A1 - B6 and D1 - D3
as Hussey joined the band only in April 1984.
- Gary Marx - Guitar
- Craig Adams - Bass
- Exists in two editons on black vinyl
- The original edition labels are blue with an eye in the centre and give track and other information.
- "Observation Records / SACEM" is noted as record label on the vinyl labels,
while the cover back sleeve states " © & ℗ KTFB Records/Observation Records"
- Some of these labels display a very greenish blue rather, while others do not.
- The records are listed on the cover back as
- RECORD ONE: BLACK OCTOBER and
- RECORD TWO: PSYCHEDELIC SESSIONS
- Indeed, another bootleg-LP titled Psychedelic Sessions
and featuring the same tracks as on Record Two was also released by KTFB Records in 1986.
- The reissue comes with plain yellow labels on Record One and plain white ones on Record Two.
- Record One of that edition was obviously available in higher numbers than Record Two
- maybe due to the release of Psychedelic Sessions as mentioned before.
The surplus copies were later used of for an alleged fanclub bootleg release titled House Of Reptiles.
The songtitles on the cover back of both issues are partly wrong:
|A2 - Adrenochrome||- SISTERS OF MERCY|
|A3 - Ghostrider||- GHOST RIDER|
|A4 - Burn||- RAPTILE HOUSE|
|B3 - Anaconda||- SHE WILL|
|B5 - Marian||- MARIANNE|
|D3 - Emma||- EMMALINE|
|D4 - Gimme Shelter||- GIMMIE SHELTER|
|D5 - Adrenochrome||- SISTERS OF MERCY|
D4 - D5 are credited wrongly to the John Peel Session in 1984.
For recent price developments see sistersbootlegs A Black Pack
RECORD ONE: BLACK OCTOBER - LIVE TAKES OF 20 OCTOBER 1984, ESSEX UNIVERSITY, COLCHESTER
|Side A||Side B|
|A1 - Body Electric||B1 - Heartland|
|A2 - Adrenochrome||B2 - No Time To Cry|
|A3 - Ghostrider||B3 - Anaconda|
|A4 - Burn||B4 - Train|
|B5 - Marian|
|B6 - Walk Away|
RECORD TWO: PSYCHEDELIC SESSIONS 1986
|Side C||Side D|
|C1 - 1969||D1 - Poison Door|
|C2 - Floorshow||D2 - No Time To Cry|
|C3 - Good Things||D3 - Emma|
|C4 - Alice||D4 - Gimme Shelter|
|C5 - Jolene||D5 - Adrenochrome|
|C6 - Burn|
- Please click into files for larger views -