All Along The Watchtower
From SistersWiki.org - The Sisters Of Mercy Fan Wiki
A 7" bootleg consisting of songs covered live by The Sisters of Mercy in 1984 and 1985.
- Label: Royal Records
- Catalogue#: Royal Record 003 / DAVY 003
- Format: 7" vinyl single
- Released: unknown
- All Along The Watchtower is also the title of a well-known Bob Dylan song.
Credits are given to Jimi Hendrix, however, who covered the song only six months after
the original release and whose interpretation reached the charts in 1968 and therefore
became most strongly identified with the title.
- Issued in two editions, one on red and one on black vinyl.
- The red vinyls have plain white labels.
- Some copies with side marks have, however, also surfaced (see pictures down below
- The black label edition gives DAVY 003 as catalogue# on the labels.
- The black vinyl edition labels say:
DAVY THRUST PRESENTS
THE MISSION SISTERS
- Cover Design by P.A.M. - There are several mistakes on the back cover:
"Birmingham" is spelled "Burmingham", "Stairway To Heaven" is spelled "Stairway To Heven"
"Hey Joe" is spelled "Hay Joe" and "Jimi Hendrix" is allover spelled "Jimmy Hendrix"
- Track A1 was recorded live at Tin Can Ballroom, Birmingham on 7 April 1984
- Track A2 was recorded live at King George's Hall, Blackburn on 21 March 1985
- Tracks B1 and B2 were recorded live Manchester University on 13 October 1984
|A1 Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)||Original by Abba|
|A2 Stairway To Heaven||Original by Led Zeppelin|
|B1 Hey Joe|| American rock standard |
best known version by Jimi Hendrix
|B2 Purple Haze||Original by Jimi Hendrix|
For recent price developments see sistersbootlegs/All Along The Watchtower.
- Please click into thumbs for larger views -