Chicago Cabaret Metro 3-June-1985
From SistersWiki.org - The Sisters Of Mercy Fan Wiki
Chicago Cabaret Metro 3.June.1985
Due to technical limitations of Wiki-formatting, the original title could not be used for this bootleg.
A 2LP bootleg of the Chicago (US) gig during the Armageddon Tour in 1985. Some test pressings were also made, see down below.
- Label: MADE FOR FANS NOT FOR MONEY
- Catalogue#: 45
- Format: 2 × 12" vinyl LP
- Production Note: Lathe Cut
- Released: 2017 (Europe)
- Strictly limited to 50 copies.
- Pressed on black vinyl.
- The art work of the cover and labels is a fusion of the logotype
- of the Walk Away and the Anaconda/Phantom 7".
- The back cover gives the bootleg title, the personnel and the track list. It is held in a similar vein as the front cover art work.
- Further back cover notes are: "MADE FOR FANS NOT FOR MONEY", "Cover made by REPTILE", "p&c 2017" and the numbering "Limited ... /50".
- The line-up list notes Gary Marx (along with Wayne Hussey) on guitars, although Gary Marx was no longer an active member of the Sisters of Mercy at the time of the gig. He had left on April 2nd, 1985 after The Sisters' appearance at the BBC Old Grey Whistle Test.
- Knockin' On Heaven's Door is misspelt as "Knockin´ On Heavend´s Door".
- While performing this song at the concert Andrew was tackled by a groupie, which led to an abrupt ending of the song and as well of the whole concert.
- Read more about this happening in the entry of the concert.
- Recorded live at Cabaret Metro, Chicago, USA on 3 June in 1985 and featuring the full gig.
- A3 Marian
- B2 Possession
- B3 Walk Away
- C1 Emma
- C4 Floorshow
- D1 Alice
A test pressing does also exist. There is, however, no catalogue# assigned to it.
- Only 5 copies were made.
- Pressed on transparent vinyl
- without labels.
- The vinyls come in a plain
- white cover with a coloured
- printed xerox glued to the
- The art work is similar, but
- not identical to the one of
- the final release.
- The cover and the xerox are
- handnumbered .../ 5 in a
- goldish colour , whereas the
- records have the side marks
- and the numbering in black
- letters on them.