From SistersWiki.org - The Sisters Of Mercy Fan Wiki
An early bootleg LP featuring a summer festival gig of The Sisters of Mercy in 1984.
- Label: Planet Rock Records / P.R. Records Detroit 1984
- Catalogue#: 601, Pink.Inc.1
- Format: 12" vinyl LP
- Released: 1986
- Due to repetitive up- and downturns of the volume in general and of Andrew's voice in particular
- the sound quality of this bootleg is rated 6.5/10 .
- Black vinyl with printed b/w labels giving information on the tracks.
- There is no mention of the bootleg title on the labels.
- The record is titled "York Racecourse", rather.
- Track B5 is spelled wrongly "Gimmie Shelter".
- The back cover states:
© 1984 P. R. RECORDS DETROIT ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
A sort of pre-issue item has also surfaced in an online auction.
It came in a plain white "preliminary" sleeve and stated only the bootleg title,
see the picture here on the left (please click into the file for a larger view).
Since we do not have a picture of the actual vinyl, doubts remain whether
this was not just a cover got lost under circumstances uncleared ...
- The tracks were recorded live at Racecourse-Festival, York, 22nd September 1984.
- The concert is incomplete: Anaconda and the Ghostrider / Sister Ray medley were also played at the event.
- During the actual concert, the intro to Alice was started twice. Craig Adams' bass quit on first attempt, so the band started again. This incident is excluded from the record.
- Andrew sung the first chorus of A Rock And A Hard Place in a slightly different melody.
- A bootleg CD titled Revelations exists as well, but features a different concert from the Black October Tour 1984.
For recent price developments see sistersbootlegs/Revelations or popsike/revelations or, alternatively, this page.
- Please click into files for larger views -