Sisters Trip The Light Fantastic 2000
After a years' absence from Europe for the 1999 Sisters To The Planet Edge Tour of the US, Canada and Mexico,
The Sisters of Mercy toured Europe in Summer 2000 again, headlining two festivals in Germany as well as playing
five gigs in Britain (two of which in Londan) and a further two in Spain.
Support act for the UK shows were Sona Fariq.
with the latter played under a different song title on each of the dates.
After his first appearance during the Roadkill Tour in 1996, Chris Sheehan returned as second guitarist to the line-up.
For further information about the individual gigs, audience recordings and bootlegs please check the according links below.
Additionals about this tour can be found at SistersTours/Trip The Light Fantastic ...
Statistics on various details of this tour are available in The Sisters of Mercy Database v0.5 Beta.
- Sat, 05-Aug-2000 Neerpelt- Belgium - Eurorock Festival (cancelled)
- Sat, 12-Aug-2000: Hildesheim - Germany - M'era Luna Festival (Headliner)
- Sat, 19-Aug-2000: Dresden - Germany - Doomsday Festival (Headliner)
- Wed, 30-August-2000: Nottingham - England - Rock City (cancelled)
- Fri, 01-Sep-2000: Manchester - England - Academy
- Sat, 02-Sep-2000: Glasgow - Scotland - Barrowlands
- Sun, 03-Sep-2000: Nottingham - England - Rock City
- Tue, 05-Sep-2000: London - England - Forum
- Wed, 06-Sep-2000: London - England - Forum
- Fri, 08-Sep-2000: Madrid - Spain - La Riviera
- Sat, 09-Sep-2000: Barcelona - Spain - Palau Olimpic - Vall d'Hebron
Band / Line-up
- Andrew Eldritch - Vocals
- Adam Pearson - Guitars, Bass, Backing Vocals
- Chris Sheehan - Guitars, Backing Vocals
- Doktor Avalanche - Drums, Bass
- Simon Denbigh - The Nurse to The Doktor
Our thanks for the pictures of the original black and yellow Sisters Trip The Light Fantastic shirts go to Heartland Forums member ribbons69.
NOTE: This was the first time, a yellow coloured tour t-shirt was officially distributed. The longsleeve shirt on the right is a fake, clearly recognisable from the funny font used for the print.