The Damage Done (Japanese fake)
From SistersWiki.org - The Sisters Of Mercy Fan Wiki
This is a quite well made replica of the original Damage Done 7" single
and the first one that surfaced at the time.
- Label: unknown
- Catalogue#: MR7
- Format: 7" vinyl single
- Released: in the early 1980s (Japan)
- The bootleg shows basically all the features of the original
- including the initial Merciful Release logo and the original catalogue#
- However, the thin matt paper sleeves have a thumb cut of only 2 1/4" length
- compared to the 4" thumb cuts of the original
- In addition and more importantly, the cover print is slightly darker than the original and
- the photo on the cover front is cut off, so that the cross on top of the church is out of view.
- The labels, too, look slightly more black than the original brownish-black ones
- and are all placed on the wrong side.
- Run-outs do also differ and have surfaced in various versions:
- Side A, hand-etched: PAE-03A (and something erased) / Side B, hand-etched: PAE-03B and 2
- Side A, hand-etched: PAE-03A / Side B, hand-etched: PAE-03B and (9B erased)
- Side A, hand-etched: PAE-03A FOR SPIGGY / Side B, hand-etched: PAE-03B
- We recommend you read everything about the differences between the original
- and the present Japanese fake in the Heartland Photo Gallery under F Is For Fake.
- Scans of the original and fake Damage Done single, provided by Heartland Forum user Y,
- along with comments on how to tell the difference are also available in the Gallery under Damage Done.
|Side A||Duration||Side B||Duration|
|A1 The Damage Done||3:04||B1 Watch||3:12|
|B2 Home Of The Hit-Men||0:34|
Please click into the images for larger views.