The Neon Dream
From SistersWiki.org - The Sisters Of Mercy Fan Wiki
One of two CD bootlegs recorded live on 25 August 1991 at the Reading Festival, Reading, UK
- Label: Kiss The Stone Records (KTS)
- Catalogue#: KTS021
- Format: CD
- Date and Place of Release: 1991 (Italy)
- As far as we know, at least five different Audience Recordings from this show exist.
- This should be one of them (incomplete and somewhat edited, however).
- The tape used for this release is a good stereo recording, a bit too fast.
- The breaks between the encores are cut out.
- The last two songs, He's Got The Whole World In His Hands and 1969 are omitted.
- This festival is the only time ever The Sisters of Mercy played He's Got The Whole World In His Hands.
- Unfortunately, you will not find this song on the present release. It is, however, included in the Brothers And Sisters bootleg from the same event.
- In addition, a 7" bootleg single box was issued, see Live Reading 91 Box
|1. Intro (Afterhours)||1:05|
|2. First And Last And Always||4:07|
|3. Lucretia, My Reflection||5:05|
|4. Body And Soul||3:42|
|8. Dominion/Mother Russia||7:37|
|9. Amphetamine Logic||4:07|
|10. Detonation Boulevard||3:41|
|11. Temple Of Love||6:42|
|12. Gimme Shelter||5:52|
|13. Flood II||5:36|
|14. This Corrosion||8:19|
|15. Something Fast||2:47|
|16. Vision Thing||4:55|
Eldritch Quotes from during the gig
- "Welcome!" (After First And Last And Always)
- "Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Ribbons!" (Ribbons)
- "Some day everything you need is just gonna fall out of the sky ... Out of the sky ... Out of the Sky" (Dominion/Mother Russia)
- "Thank you! Out of the sky, this song's called "How Many Ks in Elektra", it always was, probably always will be" (introducing Amphetamine Logic)
- "Everything goes bang!" (Detonation Boulevard)
- "Thank you ... and I think so." (after This Corrosion)
- "Thank you! This one's for the President!" (Vision Thing)
For the last two songs please listen to Brothers & Sisters CD or the Live Reading 91 Box.
- "He's got the Tomahawk Missile.. in his hands!" (a new verse in He's Got The Whole World In His Hands)
- "Always look on the bright side of life! Da-dum, da-dum-da-dum-da-dum!" (repeated 3 times after He's Got The Whole World In His Hands and during 1969 intro)
- "Thank you! Good Night!" (end of show)