Wake - In Concert At The Royal Albert Hall (DVD)
As far as we are informed, Wake, the first video featuring The Sisters of Mercy performing
their last concert as the First And Last And Always line-up at the Royal Albert Hall, London, UK, was never released officially other than in VHS format and as a Laserdisc.
However, with technological development plenty DVDs have surfaced.
These products - bootlegs or not - are mainly listed here as far as we are aware of them.
Release Notes for this one (Brazilian DVD issue)
Note: This is possibly the only real official DVD release of Wake.
- Label: Exclusive Vision
- Catalogue#: EX 0601 / Barcode: 7 802860 060127
- Format: Dolby / NTSC - Region 0 (i.e. worldwide)
said to be a factory pressed DVD not a dvd-r
- Released: 1998, alledgedly an official Brazilian only
DVD-release with Portuguese language menu
- Rights Distribution (according to cover): © & ℗ 1998 Exclusive Vision
- Running time: 57 minutes
Australian Bootleg Releases
This one is clearly a DVD-video bootleg
of the original Wake release.
- Label: Merciful DVD
MERDVD1 / MERCD1
- Format: DVD / also available as
a box set including an audio-CD
- Released: 2007 (Australia)
2009 (CD only release)
- Barcode: 6 14478 02254 1
(counts for all these releases)
- Good sound quality
- The recording is taken from the 1987 Channel 5 VHS (CFV06152).
For details on this one see Wake...
- Available as DVD only, as CD only and as a box set.
- The box set is a limited edition of 100 units consisting
of a DVD as well as an audio CD of the concert and
further more including a T-shirt, a badge, a guitar pick,
and a replica of the programme for the show.
- A box set consisting of only the DVD and the CD
without all the other content does exist as well.
- In addition, there is a CD-only edition which is also limited
to 100 hand-numbered copies. It comes as a digipack
(see pictures on the right).
The barcode is the same as for the other editions,
and so is the catalogue# - MERCD1
The latter CD should not be mixed up
with this alledged original Warner CD-release!
Common Details For All Releases Mentioned In This Page
- Originally recorded live at the
Royal Albert Hall in London, UK, on 18 June 1985
- Produced and directed by Mike Mansfield
There are several further DVD-video bootlegs featuring this concert like for example the one
here on the left by the Russian MUZ Records label. This edition has probably been issued
around 2010. Obviously, the bootleggers did not care at all, who was member of the band
at the time of the original release and who was not.
Possibly, Wake was so often bootlegged because it marked the end of The Sisters of Mercy's
First And Last And Always line-up. Anyway, it was an exceptionally
great concert, and the sound quality of the original is very good.
For further examples see also:
- First And Last And Always
- Body And Soul
- No Time To Cry
- Walk Away
- Amphetamine Logic
- A Rock And A Hard Place
- Knockin' On Heaven's Door