Good Things (shades)
A studio bootleg single with demo and live tracks from the early days of The Sisters of Mercy.
The present bootleg is also known as Good Things (Studio) or Sunglasses.
- Catalogue#: CM 802
- Format: 7" vinyl single
- Released: 1989 (Spain)
- The vinyls are black with a large centre hole.
- The labels are dark blue with a silver (grey) print.
- All information on the labels apart from the copyright notes is printed in italics.
- Special Limited Edition
- (Though, it is not known to how many copies the edition is limited.)
- Produced for Luxor Company Madrid - Spain
- Sisters Production
- ALL RIGHTS OF THE MANUFACTURER AND OF THE OWNER OF THE RECORDED WORK RESERVED
- UNAUTHORISED PUBLIC PERFORMANCE BROADCASTING AND COPYING OF THIS RECORD PROHIBITED
- Side One: CM 802 A
- Side Two: CM 802 B
- The vinyls come in a b/w wrap-around paper cover that opens vertically
- and has the same coverart on the front and on the back.
- The coverart consists of The Sisters of Mercy's head and star logo on top,
- a stylised pair of aviator sunglasses underneath, and down below
- the band's name in upper-case letters.
- The spectacle glass on the left side has a picture of Andrew Eldritch in it
- while the tracks on the record are listed in the spectacle glass on the right side
- without any reference to the side of the vinyl on which these tracks exactly appear.
|Side One||Side Two|
|A Good Things (Studio)||B1 1969|
|B2 Sister Ray|
- Track A is an officially unreleased demo, possibly recorded in September 1982 during the recording session at Strawberry Studios, Stockport, England
- (The fact that this song is listed as 'Good Things (Studio)' on the label of Side One is surely the reason why this bootleg is also known under that name.)
- Tracks B1 and B2 were recorded live at the University of York in York, England on May 7th, 1981
- Various other bootlegs with "Good Things" in their title do exist, the most remarkable of which is
- GOOD THINGS Plus 2 live songs, another 7" bootleg single that features exactly the same tracks.
- Furthermore, there are several CD and DVD bootlegs of various content referring to "Good Things, which are all listed here.
- A Good Things flexi disc exists as well.
- Please click into the files for larger views -