Colours 1 And 2 (flexi)
One of the very rare double-sided Russian flexis.
Double-sided flexis are hardly ever seen and, just like this one, most of them cannot be identified as such from the cover or the label as there is no hint, whatsoever. The present one contains Part 1 and 2 of the song Colours, which is, however, credited to The Sisters of Mercy instead of The Sisterhood on the cover and the label.
Five further flexis with parts of this song exist, see Colours 1, Colours 2, Colours 2 DJ Promo, Colours 2 And 3 and Colours 3. But only the Colours 1 flexi comes with an identical coverart referring to The Sisters of Mercy as the performing band.
- Catalogue#: 2702 - the same as the Colours 1 flexi
- Format: 5.5" vinyl flexi-disc single (double-sided)
- Release date: unknown, late 1980s/early 1990s
- Place of Release: Russia
- This is one of the very rare flexis that feature tracks on both sides.
- The recordings are in mono and play at 45 rpm. Side A contains the first part of the song Colours
- of the Colours 1 flexi. Side B features the second part of the track as available on the Colours 2 flexi.
- The entire flexi looks very similar to the Colours 1 edition and even gives the same catalogue#, the song title and
- the artist on the cover and the label. No mention at all is made of Part 2 of the track on Side B of the disc.
- The cover consists of a b/w computer print on plain paper, which does not enfold the flexi in full so that the colour
- is visible. It is not known, however, in which colours this flexi is available. The only Colours 1 And 2 flexi
- that has surfaced so far is the blue version pictured here.
- Please click into files for larger views -
In these pictures of Side A and B of the flexi disc, the different starting and ending of the grooves is visible, especially when enlarging and comparing the pictures at full size. While the groove on Side A has one soft tone, the groove on Side B looks like a dark layer on a lighter ground with a sharp line at the start and end. So obviously, the track on Side A (Colours - Part 1) is longer than the one on Side B (Colours - Part 2).