ECHOES VOL 1 (7")
ECHOES VOL. 1
Echoes is a series of 4 vinyl bootlegs with live and demo material. The first and present one was put out as a 7” single and contains just live cuts. The following vinyls were released as 12” bootlegs. All these maintain the same front coverart in different colours, see Echoes Vol 2, Echoes Vol 3, Echoes Vol 4. A series of ECHOES-CDs does exist as well.
- Label: Speed Of Light Records
- Catalog#: TOL 88
- Format: 7" vinyl single
- Released: 1988
- All of these 7" vinyls come with a large centre-hole.
- The cover consists of a folded glossy cardboard sleeve.
- The front cover shows part of a painting from Dutch artist Edward Collier.
- This work of art is a vanitas still life. Such still lifes were very fashionable
- in the 16th and 17th century and meant to remind the beholder of the caducity of things and life.
- The text on the paper in the picture is a Latin proverb: “HOMO EST SIMILIS BULLAE”
- (Man is but a bubble), reflecting once again the main idea of the vanitas painting.
- The back cover states the Metropol as the place of recording for
Temple Of Love. Other sources suggest the 28 August 1983,
Paradiso, Amsterdam, The Netherlands as the right date and venue.
- In addition, the concert at the Electric Ballroom, London, England,
where allegedly Valentine was recorded, took place on 11th, not
on the 12th of August 1983.
- Side A recorded on 30.08.1983 at Loft, Berlin, Germany
- Side B recorded on 11.08.1983 at Electric Ballroom, London, England
|A - Temple Of Love||B - Valentine|
- Please click into files for larger views -