The Damage Is Done
This 12" vinyl bootleg features basically two concerts from different eras of The Sisters of Mercy's evolution through their early years.
Side A contains one of their first concerts, performed in 1981 and the first one ever to be recorded, and gives - most likely as a further incentive -
a 1984 version of The Sisters cover of Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!, a track that went down very well with the audiences at the time, but was performed
live only on very few occasions. Side B features part of a concert at Odeon, Münster, Germany during the Trans-Europe Excess Tour in 1983.
- Label: Laughing Death Records
- Catalogue#: DA-957
- Format: 12" vinyl LP
- Released: 1987
- Runout -Groove: DA-1 - 957 A, DA 2 - 957 B
- The artwork includes a hand-drawn Merciful Release logo on the front cover as well as on the cover back.
- Back cover notes:
- Side One is Recorded at a Live Session in Leeds at 7.05.1981
- Side Two is Recorded Live in Münster at 1.09.1983
- Tape and Artwork by Clever Man
- Special Thanks to: Uschi the Bisquit, Clever Man, Marion and all
- lovely Girls over the World, we love them all.
- Laughing Death Records, London w1, Donnington Street"
- A1 - The Damage Done is mentioned as "Damage Done"
- A5 - Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) is called "Gimme Gimme your Love"
- B2 - Valentine is misspelt Valentime
- B3 - Anaconda does not appear in the track list at all.
- This bootleg is available in basically two editions.
- The vinyls of both editions have plain white labels, sometimes with a very soft pink shading.
- Printed labels with track and recording information have, however, surfaced as well (see pictures on the right side)
- An interesting detail with these labels is that the songs are listed nearly correctly and even Anaconda appears.
- The sound quality of side A is - like other Gary Marx Demo Tape re-recordings - quite good.
- On the other hand, the sound quality of side B is rather fair.
- A strictly limited box set titled The Damage Is Done Part 1 & 2 does exist as well
- and includes an LP, a cassette, an inlay sheet and a discography booklet.
- The content of the LP is identical to the present one, but the cover and the design of the box differ completely.
- White cover with red/brown print (front and back)
- Allegedly a limited edition of 200 copies, not numbered
- The cover opens to the left side.
- White cover with blue print (front and back)
- Allegedly limited to 1,000 copies, not numbered
- Cover opens to the right side as normal.
- A1 - A4 were recorded live on 4 May 1981 at St John's Hall, Leeds, England
- A5 was recorded live on 13 April 1984 at Danceteria, New York, USA
- Side B was recorded on 1 September 1983 at Odeon, Münster, West Germany
- This recording is not complete and the order of the songs does not match the set list.
- As far as we know, the before mentioned box set The Damage Is Done Part 1 & 2
- does feature the whole concert, as the missing songs are recorded on the cassette.
- Nevertheless, the order of tracks there is not the one we think correct, neither.
|Side A||Side B|
|A1 The Damage Done||B1 Burn|
|A2 Watch||B2 Valentine|
|A3 Teachers/Adrenochrome||B3 Anaconda|
|A4 Sister Ray||B4 Temple Of Love|
|A5 Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)||B5 Adrenochrome|
|B6 Kiss The Carpet|
|B7 Body Electric|
- Please click into files for larger views -