Victims Of Circumstance 7"
The second of four Palazzograssi
Sisters of Mercy 7" bootleg singles
from the 1980ies ...
- Label: Palazzograssi Records Inc.
- Format: 7" vinyl single
- Catalogue#: VOC 7
- Released: 1987
Original Cover Notes
All Tracks Are Demo Versions
This is the second PALAZZOGRASSI PRODUCTION in a series of three. The first was "SILENCE IS PLATINUM", a limited edition box set of two 7" EPs and the third, which is scheduled for Spring 1988 is "REVERBERATION ACROSS THE NATION": a document of THE SISTERS OF MERCY show in Rome on 2nd May 1985. This will be a strictly limited edition of only 50 numbered copies, each with a complete SISTERS OF MERCY discography booklet.
"For the last time Rise & Reverberate" - THE PHANTOM TWINS
- Some time later, a fourth Palazzograssi Production was added to the series of 7" vinyl bootlegs: The Last Magician Of Rational Thought.
- Three further bootlegs, also titled Victims Of Circumstance but with more tracks, do exist as well by the way:
|Side A||Side B|
|Marian||Vocals by Marx featuring different lyrics and often referred to||Rock And A Hard Place||Vocals by Eldritch|
|as Red Skies Disappear due to a line in the chorus|
|Dance On Glass||Vocals by Hussey||Garden Of Delight||Vocals by Eldritch|
Remarks on released and unreleased issues
Releases, promos and test pressings
- The original was limited to 1000 copies, pressed on black vinyl, and had a numbered smooth sleeve
- Black vinyls with numbered sleeves, which have an additional print on the inside, do exist as well.
- As both Phantom Twins wanted to have the number 1 issue, two copies numbered 0001 were done.
- Allegedly, some promo copies of this original were manufactured. The sleeves of these are grey on
- the front instead of black; they are not numbered and have some additional print on the inside.
- No information on how many of these were done or distributed available so far.
- A further 500 copies were pressed, numbered up to 1500/1000
- Later on, the single was reissued with a more stable, glossy sleeve and including copies on white vinyl.
- Both (black and white vinyl) editions are allegedly not numbered, though numbered versions have been
- sighted. However, although the cover states that the EPs were limited to 1000 copies, some owners of
- this record had to note that the white box on the sleeve for the individual numbering is blank.
- Under catalogue# PG002 (instead of VOC7), a white labelled test pressing was done
- the sleeve of which only a dull matt proof, without any lamination or numbering. This test
- run consisted of two copies only. However, Palazzograssi were not content with the quality
- of this pressing and chose for another pressing plant, hence the different catalogue#.
According to our information, Palazzograssi experimented a lot with different colours for the sleeve of this record.
The following variations were done, but never got released or distributed:
- an unnumbered yellow test-proof for the original release to check the sleeve quality and to decide about the final colour
- a further test-proof, this time in light grey with red finish and additional print on the inside
- another test-proof in purple
- a limited edition of 26 copies in gatefold sleeves numbered A - Z were envisaged as well.
- Test-proofs were done, but the idea was abandoned later. These sleeves were, of course, not numbered.
- The colour of the background print on the inside of the gatefold is silver-metallic.
- Please click into pictures for larger view -